||Officer in the American Revolution. Represents role of the militia,
Minutemen and residents of South Parish, Mendon 1776-78
||1689-1761 "First white settler in the area"
||1769-1802 also Donald Frost D. 2002 - Shows role of Darling
family in building 1749 and restoration 1869 of Meeting House
||1775 Kept records about Mendon's contribution to the War of
Independence, with excerpt from State Archives in Boston
|Lavina Darling Engley
||1761-1843 Young girl who married Minute Man after war. Provided
coats for soldiers along with other women from village. Parents of 12
children with Timothy Engley, some of whom are buried in cemetery.
||1771-1847 Represents 3 generations of a family who lived in Chestnut
Hill at time of War and left land to the Town of Millville on which
Millville Elementary School was built.
||Son of Japheth Taft, a family of blacksmiths who helped build the
Metting House and whose shop was moved to the Henry Ford Museum in
Detroit, Michigan. Possible origin of Longfellow's Under the Spreading
|Carl & Arthur Wickstrom
||Veterans interrred at cemetery and represents role Carl played as
Association member and family's role in restoration program
|Hilding and Louise Wickstrom
||Involved in restoration in 1900s of burial stones; Supporters of
Meeting House and Association.
||Extended family involved since 1769 in the Meeting House and who
continue to endow the Association