Any donations made will be used for creating a dedicated website, establishing
non-profit status, ongoing graphic design and gathering historic documentation
of each barn. An accounting will be maintained and available to the public, upon
request, if donations are made. Names will be recorded unless a request for
anonymity is made.
Steps to Preserve Your Barn:
1. Know What You Have - Photo -Documentation of Exiting
Conditions (Cost Estimates) & Get Oral and Written History
2. Stabilization - You Can Do Something Now. Give
yourself time to plan and contact resources, including giving time for right
craftsman to get there.
3. Rigging. Prepare for Rigging. Be safe, be careful
and thorough but know when to stop.
4. Traditional Timber Frame Repair Joinery, Foundation
Repairs, Roof Repairs.
5. Finishing - Save historical integrity. Be practical
and prepare for adaptive re-use.
6. Maintenance: Create a maintenance schedule, get
insurance (replacement policy and fire protection). Get preservation easements.