The meetinghouse is the oldest church structure in Uxbridge and Quakerism
is the second oldest religion in town. The "old brick" has the
distinction of being one of the few remaining crude churches in the country.
It had separate entrances for the men and women and it has a wooden curtain
that would be lowered after service to separate the sexes as they went into
their separate meeting to discuss their business. The meeting was
"laid down" at the old brick by 1910 and it sat neglected for years
subject to vandalism.
the Quaker Meeting House Association was formed to preserve and
maintain this historic building in 1952. The association is a non-profit organization charged with the preservation
of the “Old Brick” and community education of this historic
landmark’s role in the Blackstone Valley. The meetinghouse is also
available for weddings and for school tours. The Quaker Meetinghouse
is located at the junction of Routes 146A (Quaker Highway) and 98
(Aldrich Street) in Uxbridge, Massachusetts.
Admission is free and all are welcome. For more information or
questions please call Carol (508) 278-2971.